Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Making Sabbath Day a Delight

Goal
My new goal is to post more regularly to the blog, in effort to improve my personal studies.  With that in mind, I would like to choose a topic for each week and post a few different things for that topic during the week.  For example, I can post the topic with the doctrine on Monday, a scripture story on Tuesday, the principle of the gospel on Wednesday, the application on Thursday, and a personal experience on Friday.  This is just an idea.  I will keep working on it, but my main purpose is to improve my personal study and grow closer to God.
Purpose
How can we as members make the Sabbath Day a delight?  By preparing for the Sabbath Day, and specifically the Sacrament, throughout the week.
Intro
The Sabbath day is a holy day set apart each week for rest and worship. The problem with me is that I rarely get to enjoy the 'rest' and 'worship' part of Sunday.  Having two kids under the age of two makes it difficult to enjoy church with grouchy kids who are sleep deprived and hate sitting still for more than two seconds.  Messing up their nap schedule makes the entire day hard. I realize that I have no place to complain because I see the Bishop’s wife taking care of five kids all by herself and she does it gracefully.  However, even if it’s two or five, Sundays are hard for me but I sincerely want to make them a delight.  In my studies, I have pondered quite a few things that I could to make Sundays more enjoyable, but one that really stands out to me is preparing for the Sabbath, both temporally and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment